To develop the professional skills of those working in the field of assisting victims and/or survivors of gender-based violence through the use of theater techniques.
Gender-based violence, understood as violence directed against a person because of her gender, is a violation of human rights. According to the Istanbul Convention (2011) it is “physical, sexual, psychological or economic harm or suffering, mostly inflicted on women, including threats of such acts, coercion or arbitrary deprivation of liberty, whether occurring in public or in private life.” Many forms of gender-based violence are rooted in power inequalities among human beings and result in psychological disorders, anxiety, low self-esteem, fear of the future, depression, as well as consequences in terms of social inclusion and economic insecurity.
In this context, theater can be a useful tool for both developing specific skills and increasing self-confidence. Specifically, Theatre of the Oppressed is a theatrical technique that prompts people to question reality and seek strategies for solving social problems. “Take the Stage” offers these techniques to support the empowerment and reintegration into society of victims and/or survivors of gender-based violence.
- Strengthen the professional skills and competencies of those working in the field of assisting victims and/or survivors of gender-based violence through the use of theater techniques.
- To promote the reintegration into society of people who have experienced some form of gender-based violence.
- To promote gender equality and contribute to the creation of a more inclusive society.
- Research on different pedagogical approaches and theater techniques to be used in the reintegration path of victims and/or survivors of gender-based violence
- Public awareness campaigns through “Informational Kiosks”
- Mapping of key organizations at the local, regional and national levels working to provide support for victims and/or survivors of gender-based violence
- Training on theater techniques to be used in providing support to victims and/or survivors of gender-based violence.
- Guide to implementing theater techniques to support victims and/or survivors of gender-based violence.
- Digital map of major organizations involved in supporting victims and/or survivors at the local, regional and national levels.
- E-learning platform on theater techniques for use in countering gender-based violence.
- 10 professionals trained on theater techniques useful for working with people who have experienced some form of gender-based violence
- 15 organizations enticed to use theater methodology to improve their work
- 250 people enrolled in the e-learning platform
- 100 participants in awareness-raising events and campaigns
- MAGENTA CONSULTORIA PROJECTS SL (Spain, coordinator)
- SMASHING TIMES THEATRE COMPANY LIMITED (Ireland)
- Center for Social Innovation (Cyprus)
- CESIE (Italy)
- SOCIALINIU INOVACIJU FONDAS (Lithuania)