REWIP – Refugee Empowerment and Work Integration Programme
- Foster the social inclusion and employability of young refugees/migrants/asylum seekers by offering an innovative and integrated programme that aims at fostering their social empowerment and supporting their work integration potential through capacity building, volunteering and mentoring activities.
- Enhance the participation in civic and social life and create employability bridges with the host society, promoting diversity and intercultural dialogue while fostering the development of social and intercultural competences among all communities for the achievement of reciprocal inclusion processes.
- Strengthen the competences of youth workers who are working with young refugees/migrants/asylum seekers and promote quality youth work with innovative and inclusive methods, tools and strategies.
- Research/ State of the art analysis of innovative models utilizing volunteering and mentoring for the enhancement of work integration among young refugees/migrants/asylum seekers.
- Intercultural and pre-employment training package targeted to young refugees/migrants/asylum seekers in order to increase their skills and prepare them for the labour market.
- Platform for matching young refugees/migrants/asylum seekers with volunteering opportunities, which connects them with the local organizations and businesses thus giving them access to the labour market.
- Mentoring program and a training guide that will assist in training a pool of mentors such as local professionals, university graduates and social entrepreneurs, connecting them with young refugees/migrants/asylum seekers to support a reciprocal inclusion process.
- Information package for different types of employers for the procedures of hiring refugees/migrants/asylum seekers
- Training curriculum for youth workers and creation of an Open Educational Resource for reinforcing their work in the establishment of inclusion mechanisms with young refugees/migrants/asylum seekers.
- Preparation, design, development of an intercultural pre-employment training toolkit and piloting, created through a needs assessment analysis, in order to prepare young refugees/migrants/asylum seekers for an easier access to the labour market.
- Creation of a mentoring scheme and establishment of a pool of mentors to assist migrants, asylum seekers and refugees in achieving their personal and professional goals.
- Creation of a service-learning programme that connects young refugees/migrants/asylum seekers with their local ecosystem through volunteering or internship opportunities that will be promoted online and with the use of career days in Palermo, Thessaloniki and Athens.
- Development and delivery of a training curriculum for youth workers to reinforce their skills in working with young refugees/migrants/asylum seekers.
Info & contact
01/02/2019 – 31/01/2021