The Limiting online sexual Exploitation and Abuse Gender based on Underaged boys by Educating experts (LEAGUE) proposal addresses the further need of prevention and increased reporting of online child sexual abuse of boys aged 10-18.
The Limiting online sexual Exploitation and Abuse Gender based on Underaged boys by Educating experts (LEAGUE) proposal addresses the further need of prevention and increased reporting of online child sexual abuse of boys aged 10-18. The planned activities under this project will contribute to enhancing the competences of the relevant organisations and authorities supporting the victims of such crime. The program will be developed into two main streams. The first one is going to consist of training programmes – international and national to train professionals working with minors to spotting signs of online child sexual abuse and to address such matters as well as potential prevention. The second line of activities will target the victims – boys aged between 10 and 18. In order to reach them, an Internet Platform will be created as well as a chatbot. The children from this target group will actively participate in their creation. These activities will guarantee high level of awareness that the project aims to achieve in order to enhance the prevention and reporting of online child sexual abuse of boys aged 10-18.
- To prevent and report online child sexual abuse of boys aged 10-18;
- To facilitate early detection, protection and support to underaged boys and young people victims or potential victims of violence, with specific attention paid to situations emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic;
- To enhance multidisciplinary cooperation and coordination among relevant stakeholders, such as social workers, carers, psychologists, IT platforms, teachers, and parents with the aim of preventing child abuse.
- Conducting national and training programmes aimed at enhancing skills and knowledge of professionals/experts on child sexual abuse and how to prevent and report it;
- Creating an Internet Platform to reach boys aged 10-18 in order to provide them peer-to-peer support, alterative psychological help, basic children rights course, referrals to already existing helplines and other relevant information;
- Development of a Chatbot to facilitate children’s comprehension of the available information on the platform on how to contrast online child sexual abuse.
- Story handbook based on the training activities: tips and hints as well as the general outcomes of the training activities of the project and how they have contributed to the prevention and reporting of online child sexual abuse on boys aged 10-18.
- Internet Platform;
- Training material on identification, prevention and support strategies on online child sexual abuse for professional working with and for children;
- Chatbot to offer understandable and accessible answers to different questions that boys may have on this issue;
- Improved skills and knowledge of professionals/experts on changes introduced by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Consolidated child protection community by providing an Internet Platform for peer-to-peer support, alternative psychological help, course for children rights in the scope of online child sexual abuse;
- Enhanced awareness among young boys of online child sexual abuse and how to respond to it.