HANDS – Traditional craft Heritage trAining, desigN and marketing in jorDan and Syria
The project aims at introducing handicraft traditional techniques and design procedures to Jordanian and Syrian universities in order to preserve their handicraft cultural heritage.
Our general objective is to develop high quality university vocational career-relevant trainings through special designed courses on traditional craft heritage.
- To transfer the vast craft experience and knowledge in academic courses in higher education;
- To develop the managerial and marketing skills of Syrian and Jordanian master craftsmen through training courses that address the market needs;
- To establish connection between the higher education institutes and the craft society;
- To enrich craft vocational skills and training in Middle East university partners through the European Union partners’ experience in teaching vocational skills.
- Enhanced students’ motivation and inspiration by transforming teaching to a practical technical learning process;
- Improved capacities of high-quality education by training academic and technical staff and in accordance with the Bologna Process requirements;
- Established network of higher education institutes in Jordan and Syria as well as in Middle East and European Union partner countries for sharing and spreading new training tools, techniques and strategies in traditional craft heritage;
- Proposed new system of education and technical training based on the craft requirements to meet the needs of the labour market;
- Established craft training centres for the realization of both academic and production activities.
- Assessment studies for understanding the needs of master craftsmen and students;
- Development of a sector database for students, universities and traditional craft associations and companies;
- Teaching and learning courses for preserving the traditional processes in handicraft;
- Training lecturers in competency-based learning to foster its integration in study programmes at the universities;
- Comprehensive and practical training for the academic staff;
- Career guidance and counselling programmes for the career sector based on design, production and marketing of crafts products;
- Establishment of a craft training centre in Jordan and Syria.
- Al-Zaytoonah University of Jordan (Jordan, coordinator),
- The University of Jordan (Jordan),
- Jordan University of Science and Technology (Jordan),
- Hashemite University (Jordan);
- Karmeh Design Studio (Jordan);
- Tishreen University (Syria);
- Manara University (Syria);
- Albaath University (Syria);
- World University Service of the Mediterranean (Spain);
- Blue Room Innovation S.L (Spain);
- Università degli Studi di Firenze (Italy);
- Università degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi (Italy);
- Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe (Germany);
- CESIE (Italy)
Info & contact
Date of the project
15/11/2019 – 14/11/2022
DG of reference
DG EAC, Erasmus+ Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices, Capacity Building in the field of higher education (Category: Joint Project)