To enhance the link between sport and the environment through experiential learning, promoting outdoor physical activity as a tool to support environmental awareness, and encouraging sustainable practices in sport.
The project answer to the needs of encouraging the population to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts and of promoting healthy lives and well-being for everyone, therefore using sport as tool to generate environmental awareness while contributing to a healthier lifestyle.
- to build the capacity of sport professionals at EU level to promote outdoor physical activity as a tool to educate people on environmental matters;
- to design and deliver local sport events, promoting sport’s practice while passing on a common environmental awareness to young people, their families, and amateur athletes through experiential learning;
- to actively engage sport clubs, young sport players, and amateur athletes combining sport tournaments and environmental actions;
- to share the project’s key messages and values, while conducting tailored awareness-raising actions promoting the tangible role sport can play in enhancing environmental consciousness.
- 1 international collaborative workshop for sport professional: collaborative development of a practical model, the Green League Model, to promote outdoor sports activity as a mean of educating on environmental issues.
- 8 Nature’s 4 Elements Sport Events: sport events inspired by 4 natural elements to promote sport’s practice while passing on a common environmental sense.
- Green League’s Local Tournaments: mini-tournaments of team sports and relay races that combines sport with environmental actions.
- Green Champions Campaign: awareness raising campaign to promote the role of sport in enhancing environmental consciousness.
- Case Studies Collection – Good Practices on Sport and Environment Protection
- Sport and Environment Training Package
- Green League Model
- “Green Champions Campaign”: video series & documentary
- Enhanced abilities of 1 local sport professionals to act as catalysts of positive environmental change when practicing and promoting sport.
- Strengthened understanding of at least 120 local young sport players and amateur athletes of the link between sport and environment and of the importance to protect nature during sport activities.
- Enhanced motivation of at least 80 local young sport players and amateur athletes to actively engage for the environment.
- Strengthened understanding and motivation and increased environmental awareness related to the practice of sport of at least 100 local stakeholders.
- Raised awareness of at least 7000 persons at European level about the role sport can play for environmental protection and the need to adopt green practices in sport.
- 2 local popular athletes involved to act as testimonial for the Green League key messages and awareness raising campaign.
- Raised awareness of at least 200 policy-makers and stakeholders at European level of the link between sport and the environment and informed about the Green League project and the Green League model.
- 10 representatives from sport institutions involved in the set-up of a local community of practice to act as the foundation of an environmentally-aware and committed EU-level sport community.