From School To Community: children and students as change agents in the community
- To promote and embrace a democratic society by strengthening democratic citizenship and human rights education via a sustainable multi-actor bottom-up approach.
- To help students develop knowledge, skills, attitudes and values to participate actively in democratic life by learning and exercising their rights and responsibilities both at school and in their community.
- To provide initiatives for students in order for them to be able to improve their environment and developed participation and democratic civic skills.
- Literature Review on Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education, and Assessment of the training Needs of Teachers in this field.
- Training of School Teachers on Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education (mostly Social Studies Teachers) in the Ankara region of Turkey.
- Training and active engagement of students in their communities in Turkey.
- Dissemination of results via publications and articles and through a workshop to be held in the Ankara region of Turkey.
- Coordinator: EURICON (Netherlands)
- Middle East Technical University – METU (Turkey)
Info & contacts
Date of the project
15/08/2013 – 15/01/2015