Reinforcing the link between Vocational Education and Training (VET) and the green sector* through a capacity building program, including workshops, digital resources and other learning activities and materials aimed at developing and enhancing the skills, knowledge, resources, and abilities of VET organisations.
In the Western Balkans, the labour market situation remains challenging, in particular regarding the mismatch between skills and competences offered and the respective ones needed by companies. Within reforms embarked under the accession process to the European Union, the Western Balkans seek to improve the VET sector and its multidimensional component, focusing on building qualification systems, improving the quality of the learning processes, and most importantly ensuring the continuing professional development of VET teacher and training.
- To reinforce the link between VET and the labour market of the emerging green sector.
- To provide concrete guidance and individualised assistance to Western Balkans VET institutes that want to shift towards twin transition.
- To improve the skills and knowledge of Western Balkans VET trainers and staff in developing digital microlearning resources in green-related topics.
- To enhance the employability potential of Western Balkans learners through the improved capacity of the VET sector in providing training courses and learning resources that correspond to green sector’s requirements in the labour market.
- Assessment of the main needs and job requirements in the green sector.
- Workshops with experts of the green and VET sector that will review, and assess the results of the need analysis, ensuring maximum level of reliability.
- Development and implementation of an integrated Capacity Building Framework for VET to support them shifting toward twin transition and developing digital microlearning resources.
- Providing VET action plans and digital microlearning resources answering the identified needs of the green sector.
- Operational framework of the Mechanism – Objectives, requirements and allocated resources to diagnose business needs in the green sector.
- Green sector analysis: Trends and changing needs.
- Business needs’ diagnosis in the green sector.
- Handbook on bridging VET provision and the green business sector – Tools and methods to address green sector business needs into VET curricula.
- Guidelines for the development of VET Action Plans – to adapt their curricula to the needs of the green sector
- Training Programme for the development of digital microlearning resources answering the needs of the green sector.
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) for VET trainers/staff – with resources of the Integrated Capacity Building Framework for VET and microlearning resources answering the needs of the green sector.
- Individual VET Action Plans – guidelines and enrichment of the VET curricula.
- Digital microlearning resources answering the needs of the green sector.
- ADDUPT Dissemination toolkit presenting the different dissemination tools of the project (visual identity, website, social media, e-newsletter, videos, graphic factsheets and brochure).
- 60 participants taking part in capacity building activities.
- 60 microlearning digital resources developed.
- 220 participants taking part in dissemination events.
- Updated VET curricula to match the needs of the green sector.
- Reinforced link of Western Balkans VET and the green sector.
- Built capacities in adopting innovative approaches that can contribute to the improvement of both the quality and attractiveness of VET.
- CENTRO SUPERIOR DE FORMACION EUROPA-SUR SA (Spain, Coordinator)
- Albanian Center for Education Care and Training (ACT CENTER) (Albania)
- Centar za ekonomski, tehnoloski i okolinski razvoj – CETEOR Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- ZELENI DOM-GREEN HOME UDRUZENJE (Montenegro)
- EUROTRAINING EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATION (Greece)
- CESIE (Italy)
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY TIRANA (Albania)
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Banja Luka Region (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- CSI CENTER FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION LTD (Cyprus)
*Green economy refers to economic and development models that «generate growth, create jobs and eliminate poverty by investing and safeguarding the natural capital resources on which the survival of our planet depends» [European Commission, 2011]