Able like you
- To promote the intercultural exchange between volunteers and the local community, facilitating intercultural dialogue and the abolishment of stereotypes.
- To facilitate each volunteer’s personal and professional development through the acquisition of new skills and experiences.
- To create new educational tools and learning methods inorder to develop behavioral and social competencies of the target group, pursuing a social inclusion of the people in the centres.
- To promote community development, active participation and the concept of citizenship.
ABLE LIKE YOU is an EVS project which will involve 20 volunteers divided in two groups, in a period of 9 months, each coming from four different European countries which are: Hungary, Estonia, Spain, France. The volunteers are involved in different local centers in which CESIE carries out activities that involve working with children and adults with physical and mental disorders:
- La Fraternità, a cooperative Society that welcomes about 16 adults with psycho-physical disabilities severe and moderate mental disabilities, providing day care activities within the structures of the Social Education Centre.
- Il Canto di Los, a social cooperative promoting welfare and mental, affective, relational and psychophysics balance, operating both in the prevention and education areas, and in the treatment of psychological distress and psychosocial rehabilitation field.
- VOLTA LA CARTA is a non profit organization of Social utility (ONLUS), it welcomes 9 people with mental illness. The activities carried out have the purpose to promote the social integration and autonomy, and to support psychologically the families of people with disability.
- I.A.S, an Italian Association of Spastic Assistance, it currently welcomes about 60 people from 10 to 35 years old with psycho-physical disabilities as well as severe and moderate mental disabilities, providing day care activities.
The volunteers have the role of supporting the local staff in organising workshops and handicraft activities with the patients.
- Coordinator: CESIE (Italy)
- Solidarités Juenesses (France)
- Pandora (Spain)
- Fekete Sereg (Hungary)
- Continuous Action (Estonia)