In 2019, the OECD in one of its reports, highlighted the shortage of digital skills among EU citizens. This shortage certainly has negative consequences in many sectors and services and, when it comes to services supporting migrants, the consequences are even more severe.
Particularly in this period of crisis caused by the worldwide Covid-19 emergency, several cases where educators and counsellors have been unable to provide support and training on the spot have emerged, but, apart from Covid-19 emergency, this can also occur in the case of adverse weather conditions, staff shortages, illness or other unforeseeable emergencies. All these obstacles, therefore, lead to an impossibility of participation and involvement of people with a migrant background.
It is therefore evident how much online services are necessary in order to facilitate lifelong learning and participation opportunities for all, using digital tools suitable for integration and educational programs.
The project Digital Practices for Inclusive Programs, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme, Key Action 2 for Adult Education, aims to create innovative digital pathways that promote digital pedagogy to facilitate higher levels of participation of immigrants with special needs, thereby enhancing employability and increasing social inclusion.
This will be done through the development of an interactive online platform that will provide:
- tailor-made courses for integration services that integrate digital practices;
- tutorials for trainers, educators and counsellors for the design and implementation of inclusive programs based on digital pedagogy;
- a digital and interactive guide on the transferability of digital pathways to other service sectors outside adult education.
- IBERIKA EDUCATION GROUP GGMBH (Germany, coordinator)
- SYNERGASIA ENEGON POLITON (Greece)
- CLAVIS sprog & kompetence (Denmark)
- SWIDEAS AB (Sweden)
- CESIE (Italy)
For further information
Read more about Digital Practices for Inclusive Programs.
Contact Giulia Siino: email@example.com.