The ACTIVE team successfully conducted the train the trainers event on the 22nd and 24th of February 2021. CARDET, with the support of Children 1st, conducted the online training to partners, which was scheduled to be held in Cyprus. The main goal of the two days training was to equip the trainers of ACTIVE with the appropriate skills and knowledge in order to implement the training workshops in their countries, targeting sports coaches and professionals.
13 trainers from Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Portugal and Scotland had the opportunity to discuss the topics of ACTIVE’s capacity building program and to exchange ideas and concerns on how they can provide the trainings to professionals working in sports and leisure clubs in their countries. The Capacity-Building Programme for professionals aspires to develop and implement child safeguarding policies and promoting a safe and child-friendly environment in sports and leisure activities’ organisations.
Within this context, the Capacity-Building Programme consists of 6 modules, covering the following topics:
- Putting child safeguarding in sports/leisure activities in perspective
- Identifying and countering incidents of violence and harassment in sports/ leisure activities
- Involvement and enjoyment of children in sports/leisure activities
- Preventing and intervening child violence and discrimination incidents in sports/leisure activities
- Barriers, challenges and good practices when developing safeguarding policies in Sport & Leisure
- Developing a Child safeguarding policy for sports/leisure activities organizations
If you work in the sports field and want to enhance your skills in countering violence against children, then contact us or stay tuned to our website for the upcoming trainings.
Be… ACTIVE against any form of violence! Follow ACTIVE on Twitter!
ACTIVE – Focus on children; Strenghtening Policies in Sports and Leisure ACTIVitiEs is a two years project founded by the European Commission Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme (2014-2020). ACTIVE aims at establishing safer environments for children by developing an online self-assessment tool, allowing sports and leisure clubs to identify and address gaps in terms of implementation of Child Protection Polices in their premises. The project is being implemented in Greece by KMOP, in Italy by CESIE, in Cyprus by CARDET, in Portugal by CESIS and in Scotland by Children 1st.
- KENTRO MERIMNAS OIKOGENEIAS KAI PAIDIOU – KMOP (Greece, coordinator)
- CENTRE FOR ADVANCEMENT OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN EDUCATIONAL TECHNO – CARDET (Cyprus)
- CESIE (Italy)
- CENTRO DE ESTUDOS PARA A INTERVENCAO SOCIAL – CESIS (Portugal)
- Children 1st (United Kingdom)
For further information
Contact Tiziana Fantucchio: firstname.lastname@example.org.