The second international training of ECHO-Tourism project took place from 7th to 9th April, 2021. Almost 50 people participated and actively contributed to the exchanges online. The participants were tourism professionals (hotel or restaurant manager, tourism office employee, students in tourism, travel agency managers etc.), coming from the four countries involved in ECHO: Italy, Greece, Croatia and France.
The objectives of the training:
- Teach participants how to use the ECHO tools and be ready for the experimentation phase in their territory;
- Identify all the required skills to deploy the ECHO-Tourism methodology in the territories;
- Brainstorm on means and tools available to facilitate the creation of new networks at the national, regional, and/or local level;
- Brainstorm on the means and tools to promote responsible tourism actions and eco-friendly practices among tourists and tourism professionals.
A lot of workshops and sessions have been implemented during the 3-days training, allowing the participants to work closely and share their ideas, as well as project themselves in the experimentation phase among their territories. The training was led in English with the possibility of translation into French and work in national groups.
The participants had the opportunity to discuss their ideas and share their good practices about the efficient use of resources in water, food, energy and all other eco-friendly initiatives dealing with waste management, preservation of local natural and cultural heritage, eco-sustainable use of means of transport.
To conclude, an average of 75% of the participants declared to be very satisfied after the training.
Waiting for the next international training in March 2022 in Italy!
About the project
ECHO-Tourism is cofunded by Erasmus+: Key Action 2, Strategic partnerships Adult Education.
- Coordinator: Les 7 Vents (France)
- CESIE (Italy)
- Mesogeiako Kentro Perivallontos (Greece)
- Udruga za otocni razvoj Brac (Croatia)
- laurent gounel (France)
- Centre socialiste d’éducation permanente (Belgium)
For further information
Contact Laura La Scala: firstname.lastname@example.org.