- To improve and extend the offer of high quality learning opportunities so to make it easier for refugees to access higher education
- To achieve transparency and recognition of skills and qualifications to facilitate learning, employability and labour mobility
- To focus on adult education institutions, which undertake important work in terms of determining
competences, qualifications and providing guidance before people start studying, as well as on Higher
Education Institutions and universities of applied sciences, which can cooperate with adult education
institutions to shape access and transition to tertiary education.
Intensive programmes for teaching staff through study laboratories – study visits to share and learn from
good practice projects, combined with discussions of actions and methodologies at partner organisations:
- VNB: competence checks, qualification, guidance in AMIF, the Open University of Lower Saxony
and Kiron University
- uniT: creative and artistic work in the study spaces (guidance, competence portfolios), Austrian
universities’ project for refugees and asylum seekers (More) and the work at FH Joanneum University
of Applied Sciences
- CESIE: Creative and artistic approach to own work in mentoring, competence checks,
qualifications and guidance. Cooperation projects with the University of Palermo
- CARDET: Expertise in e-learning; cooperation projects with the University of Nicosia
- VIFIN: Expertise in designing online language courses. Vifin also cooperates with Vejle
Municipality, Danish Universities and companies for a SMART U (smart-u.dk), where it is possible
for municipal employees and residents to take an online university degree or training course.
- WELCOME Study Laboratories. The visits are integrated into the work of the consortium partners and
distributed to important stakeholders on a political and administrative level
- WELCOME Learning materials
- Coordinator: uniT – Verein für Kultur an der Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz (Austria)
- VIFIN – Videnscenter for Integration (Denmark)
- VNB – Verein Niedersächsischer Bildungsinitiativen e.V. (Germany)
- CARDET Centre for Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology Ltd (Cyprus)
- CESIE (Italy)
- To provide a means for youth work educators, trainers and practitioners to develop both products and processes that will support further the development of youth work practice that is inclusive, diverse and which promotes equality of opportunity
- To produce a network of partners and thus a community of practice across the partners involved in the project in order to develop knowledge and skills related to develop quality youth work practice
- Researching which of the following domains, from the Erasmus+ Inclusion and Diversity Strategy in the Field of Youth, prevent young people from taking part in employment, formal and non-formal education, trans-national mobility, democratic process and society at large, i.e. disability, health problems, educational difficulties, cultural differences, economic, social obstacles and geographical obstacles
- Researching how youth practitioners/organisations are seeking to make their services more inclusive, and what policies, approaches and methods are they seeking to use/adopt
- Researching what extra support are youth work projects/organisations seeking to put in place for those who may be marginalised and encounter challenges
- Identifying specific education and training programmes that seek to encourage inclusion, equality and diversity across: young people; student youth practitioners; and youth workers/youth professionals
- Needs analysis report – to assess the relevant issues of inclusivity, diversity and equality in EU and Italy.
- Principles and approaches report – to explore the rationale in each partner county as to why those involved in youth work should adopt an approach which is inclusive, diverse and equal.
- Good practice directory – sharing examples of good practice so that projects developing such an approach can discuss common issues.
- Practice resource – reference to current resources available to youth practitioners and further resources produced so that youth practitioners will feel further equipped to tackle challenges that prevent approaches based on inclusion, diversity and equality.
- Resource for educators and trainers – to support work for youth work students and current practitioners.
- Coordinator: University of Gloucestershire (United Kingdom)
- University of Trnava (Slovakia)
- Akdeniz University (Turkey)
- Mreža mladih Hrvatske (Croatia)
Follow the project IN ACTION
Date of project: 01/11/2015 – 01/11/2017
DG of reference: DG EAC, Education and Training, Key Action 2: Co-operation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices – Strategic Partnership in the field of YOUTH
Contact: CESIE: email@example.com
Employskills – The Development and Enhancement of Employability Skills for Young University Graduates of Cyprus
- To support graduates in improving their competitiveness and in acquiring new soft skills relevant to accede to world of work
- To facilitate personal development through exposure to professional environments
- To increase applicants’ professional and employability skills
- To bridge the gap between qualifications gained through education and employer needs
- Training on Project Cycle Management, Time Management and Executive/Business Plan
- Training on European Framework of Competences and in particular on development of Key Competence
- Use of innovative methodologies in the team-building and in team-working
- Meeting youth local entrepreneurs and learn about their experience and enterprise’s working plan
- 20 Cypriot youths in a 2 weeks training programme at CESIE (Palermo, 15th – 28th June 2014)
- Coordinator: GrantXpert Consulting Ltd (Cyprus)