SciLit – Scientific Literacy At The School: Improving Strategies and Building New Practices Of Science Teaching In Early Years Education
- To create and to consolidate a network of cooperation for the implementation of innovative practices on science education in kindergarten and primary education
- To introduce science contents in the classroom (natural, social and human sciences), both in kindergarten and primary school
- To improve relevant and high-level basic and transversal competences by teaching to teach Science in a lifelong learning perspective
- To produce innovative materials to support teachers and leaders to deliver high quality teaching and to adopt new methods and tools in the classroom
- Guide for policy makers, scientists, education professionals and national, regional and local authorities involved in education.
- The science-teaching Handbook: how to include Science in the classroom from Early Years education?
- Classroom materials:
- What is the world made of? From the macroscopic world to the microscope: investigating on what our eyes can’t see
- Archaeology in the classroom
- Developing science related teaching and learning materials
- Holding professionals’ online Forum meetings
- Short-term joint staff training events and conferences on scientific content
- Knowledge multiplication to other scientists, teachers and to education practitioners
- Coordinator: CSIC – Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (Spain);
- CPR Gijón-Oriente (Spain);
- Colegio público San Francisco (Spain);
- KPCEN – KPrzedszkole nr 34 “Mali odkrywcy” (Polond);
- Tallinna Asunduse Lasteaed (Estonia);
- Kedainiu lopselis-darzelis ,,Zilvitis” (Lithuania);
- CESIE (Italy).