Would you like to learn different culture, improve your professional competences working with disabled people, and live a unique life experience abroad?
We are seeking young people to involve in the European Voluntary Service through the project Shared Voluntary Trials, giving the opportunity to work with mentally disabled adults at cooperatives and local associations in Palermo (Italy).
The mobility opportunity is open for 2 young volunteers (18 – 30 years old) from Romania who would like to have an inspiring learning experience in disable centres.
During the programme volunteer will be involved in the following activities supported by a team from the local centers and CESIE.
- Activities with mentally disabled adults and their families as cooking, music, theatre, drawing, physical activities, artistic workshops.
- Learning and recreational activities to facilitate social inclusion of disabled people.
Volunteer will gain knowledge of different cultures and way of living.
- Where: Palermo (Italy)
- Coordinating organization: CESIE
- Hosting organisation: La Fraternità and Edificando
- Duration: 9 months from April 2018
- Accommodation, allowance and food: covered by the coordinating organisation
- Pocket money: €115 monthly
- Language: English and Italian
- Age 18 – 30 years old
- Romanian Nationality/Resident
- Basic level of English language
- Basic experiences of working with disabled people or motivated to work with disabled people.
How to get involved and become a volunteer?
Please send a motivation letter and cv. in English by18th April 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.