Muoversi per Apprendere: Around Europe, travelling to learn!
Do you want to travel improving your skills?
Active citizenship, linguistic and socio-cultural skills are some of the values most requested currently in the international labour market.
With the aim of enhancing these skills, we are looking for 12 young Sicilians, aged 18 to 36 years, interested in living an experience in the United Kingdom (6 participants) and France (6 participants) during 4 weeks in the framework of the project Percorsi Europei – Muoversi per apprendere.
Participants travelling in the UK will be hosted by Point Europa, participating in:
- environmental education activities;
- social and leisure activities for children, young people and / or elderly;
- organizing cultural events for the community, supporting the management of Community cafes.
Those going to France, supported by Solidarités Jeunesses, will be involved in
- organising work camps together with other volunteers;
- carring out socio-cultural and environmental education activities for children, young people and elderly people in local centres and communities.
All participants will be trained and supported before, during and after their mobility by two mentors, one who will accompany them on all stages of their journey, the other from the host country, who will help them to have a successful and stimulating intercultural experience on the field.
The project will be divided into 3 stages:
- Pre-departure training for the experience abroad (3 days);
- 4-week mobility in France or the United Kingdom;
- Final evaluation after the mobility, to reflect and re-elaborate the acquired competences and to exchange experiences with other participants (2 days).
Information about mobilities
- France: Montcombroux-Les-Mines
- United Kingdom: Millbrook, Cornwall
Period: 4 weeks
- France: 25th June – 22nd July 2018
- UK: 9th July – 5th August 2018
Travel, accommodation and food: costs covered by the project.
Profile of participants
Age range: 18 – 36 years old;
Resident or domiciled in Sicily
Not engaged in work, study or training activities.
How to participate?
If you are interested in participating in these mobility opportunities, send a CV (max. 3 pages) and a short motivation letter to Julia Isasi – firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 May 2018.
About the project
Percorsi Europei – Muoversi per apprendere project aims toTo offer opportunities for Sicilian young people to take part in mobility projects and intercultural exchanges to strengthen their soft skills, language, social and professional skills.
The project is funded by APQ “Giovani protagonisti di sé e del territorio (CreAZIONI giovani)”, line 5 “Giovani in Europa”, Sicilian Region.