Are you a sensitive to the issue of migrants’ social inclusion?
Do you want to live a six-month experience in Athens?
Do you want to participate in an on-line migration observatory?
We are looking for 2 suitable volunteer with Italian nationality or living in Italy who want to participate in the “Observatory for Migrants’ Inclusion & Integration: Athens – Sicily” (OMAS II). OMAS II intend to monitor civic initiatives for migrants’ inclusion and integration in Athens and Sicily and foster the promotion of good practices. The volunteers will work for the establishment of an that will provide information in English, Greek and Italian.
The volunteer will be hosted in Athens at Inter Alia over a period of 6 months each.
The activities will start on 15th January 2018 until 15th July 2017.
About OMAS II
OMAS II aims to:
- Raise awareness about ongoing projects, facilitate the exchange of good practices regarding migrants’ inclusion and integration thus enhancing ties between migrants, host communities and local stakeholders;
- Communicate bottom-up efforts taking place in Athens as a lesson for other EU countries and their significance for the well-being of the EU;
- Foster a debate among civic organizations, migrants associations, researchers and stakeholders from the regions of Athens;
- Suggest lines of action that will apply to both national and EU policy-makers and civic organizations in Athens and Italy.
What will you learn as a volunteer?
By volunteering in a foreign country and in an international organization, you will acquire and enhance competencies that will complete your personal, social and professional profile.
The learning outcomes includes:
- better communication in foreign languages,
- proactive and communicative,
- cultural awareness and improved expression and enhanced social and civic competences.
All of it is planned to be attained through non-formal learning activities and informally in their free time.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Strong motivation to delve into the life and culture of a different European country for 6 months;
- Proved interest in and awareness of the themes of the project, aims and objectives of the receiving organization;
- Openness and interest in different cultures;
- Sound motivation to work in an intercultural context – will be considered key features.
The host organisation
Inter Alia (Greece) is a private not-for-profit organization based in Athens, Greece. Its activities are carried out through its two interconnected branches, a youth organization and a think-tank. Both branches have common aims though diverse tools for pursuing them. Inter Alia’s founders and members are interested and work on contemporary challenges of the EU with focus on education, human rights, citizenship and democracy.
What is EVS?
EVS (European Voluntary Service) is an international volunteer program funded by the European Commission. It enables all young people legally resident in Europe, aged between 18 and 30 years, to carry out an international volunteer service in an organization or in a public body in Europe, Africa, Asia or South America for a period ranging from 2 to 12 months.
Do you want to know more? Visit http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/opportunities/young-people_en
If you are interested, please, send your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter latest the 8th of December 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.