Acquiring professional competences with evs CARE in Cardiff
Are you facing long-term unemployment? Would you like to improve your professional competences living a unique life experience abroad?
We are seeking for a young Italian to involve in the European Voluntary Service through the project CARE – Community Activities and Rewarding Experiences in Cardiff, giving the opportunity to develop and reinforce transversal skills and key competences.
The project aims at helping the high rate of unemployment amongst youth in Europe and in UK encouraging European diversity and providing local youth with the opportunity to meet European youths to share their common values.
The mobility opportunity is open for 1 Italian/Resident in Italy who would like to have an enriching learning experience in European projects. During the EVS volunteer will be involved in the following activities supported by a team of experts:
- Preparation and training: pre-departure preparation and training of participants in European and international mobility projects.
- Get involve in reach its target group: local and European, who can benefit from the cultural and language workshops,
- Raise people’s interest in participating in workshops: design flyers, update social media, and write articles,
- Management of activities at local/international level: Support hosting organisation in the preparation of small projects (e.g. Small Workplace Health Programme Award), promoting the healthy living in the workplace encouraging staff to eat and to live healthy.
The volunteer will also have the chance:
- to develop teamwork competences,
- to improve skills in the field of non-formal education and in the management of groups,
- to gain knowledge of European programmes,
- to acquire social and personal skills about project management, budgeting and resource planning.
- Age 18 – 30 years old
- Italian Nationality/Resident
- English language – Basic
Where: Cardiff (Wales, UK)
Duration: 2 months
When: from 1st July to the 31st August 2018.
Accommodation, allowance and food: Host family
Pocket money: volunteer will receive a pocket money to cover personal expenses
Travel costs: round-trip ticket costs are covered up to a maximum of 275 euros.
What is EVS?
EVS (European Voluntary Service) is an international volunteer program funded by the European Commission. It enables all young people legally resident in Europe, aged between 18 and 30 years, to carry out an international volunteer service in an organization or in a public body in Europe, Africa, Asia or South America for a period ranging from 2 to 12 months.
Do you want to know more?
Discover our opportunities!
We are looking for a highly motivated Italian young person for an EVS in Hungary for 6 months, giving the opportunity to work with people living in physical disability.
Do you want to fight against manipulated information, radicalization and hate speech? We are looking for 2 youth workers interested in participate in DIG Your Story! project in Bulgaria.
We are looking for five Italian participants interested in taking part in a 5 – days CiProVoT training on Civil Protection issues with other participants from Greece, UK, Italy, Portugal and Belgium.